GESS Dubai, the leading education conference and exhibition in the Middle East region, successfully launched its 15th edition this year with a programme opened by UAE Minister of Education H.E. Dr Ahmad Belhoul Al Falasi. Taking place at Sheikh Saeed Halls, Dubai World Trade Centre until November 17, the free-to-attend event allows guests to meet key decision-makers in the industry and learn the most valuable insights on the latest trends and opportunities in education. Register for free via www.gessdubai.com.
H.E. Al Falasi expressed in his opening remarks, “within the development paths, we are also keen to implement an innovative educational system that strengthens future skills, enshrines the concepts of global citizenship through school curricula, enhances the comprehensive concept of quality of life, empowers individual learning, nurtures the gifted and talented, and anticipates the future of higher learning, scientific research and focus on quality and governance in higher education institutions, ensuring the efficiency of leading and academic institutions and bodies, and aligning higher education outputs with the needs of the future labour market.”
“Funding, developing distinguished research cadres, and providing supportive and stimulating legislation for scientific research are vital matters that are subject to great attention within our educational agenda. In addition to this, focusing on an advanced and flexible national qualifications system that copes with the requirements of future economic development, and the establishment of funding programmes are crucial. Competitiveness in higher education institutions and the application of standards and systems for quality assurance of technical and vocational education and training, as well as support for the scientific research file at the national level, and the development of a comprehensive interconnected digital educational environment to follow up on the student’s educational achievement will also be a key focus,” H.E. Al Falasi added.
In the coming days, guests can expect to network with more than 300 leading educational brands
Following H.E. Al Falasi’s opening remarks was The Foundations and Accelerators of Education in GCC Countries featuring H.E. Dr Majed bin Ali Al-Naimi, Bahrain Minister of Education. This was proceeded by a talk by Minister of State for Artificial Intelligence H.E. Omar Al Olama on the Digital School Initiative. Finally, the topic Shaping the Future of Education in the World was examined by industry experts including Dr Arif Alhammadi, Executive Vice President of Khalifa University and Dr Salem Al-Salem, performance expert for the Cabinet Leaders Programme.
Exhibitors include many of the world’s top brands in education
In the coming days, guests can expect to network with more than 300 leading educational brands showcasing the latest and most innovative products and solutions in the market; learn from thought leaders sparking new ideas and challenge the way stakeholders look at the future of education with a packed programme in its different conference zones, and witness the best of the best in the field be recognised at a glittering awards ceremony on November 16.
Some of the key exhibitors to look forward to include the following:
- Hevolus Innovation, winner of the Global Excellence Award for being the Most Innovative Classroom Education Technology Provider in 2022, will be at the Microsoft stand showcasing a demo of their solution using HoloLens 2.
- Schoolbox, supplier of various school management tools designs technology for education that has a positive global impact.
- Toddle offers various online, e-learning, curriculum, and software solutions that are being used by over 40,000 educators from over 1,500 schools.
- Amazon Web Services can help build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability, and reliability.
- Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), a leader in the semiconductor industry, is shaping the data-centric future with computing and communications technology that is the foundation of the world’s innovations.
- OneOrigin designs and delivers cutting-edge products and solutions around Artificial Intelligence, Data & Analytics, Rapid Web Development, Virtual & Mixed Reality, and Cloud Computing, guiding the path to a meticulous Digital Transformation for its customers, with its State-of-the-Art products, Sia™ and SpotSearch™.
- Promethean, a leading global education technology company, will introduce its all-new ActivPanel with ActivSync. They have also partnered up with STEM education specialist Skriware™, which helps educators use 3D printing, robotics, and programming to teach young people around the world.
- Hello World Kids, which offers high-quality text-based coding education for kids through their online platform www.HelloCode.me will have a press conference to announce its international examination and certification programme.
- Raymond, Best SEN Supplier at GESS Awards 2021, will return this year with their high-quality educational resources.
- Almoe Digital Solutions will present the latest in audiovisual and IT products and solutions.
- Nebras Education Holding will house under one big stand their top companies that offer innovative, fully integrated, and technology-based education solutions and services.
- Cognitas Global will demonstrate its experiential learning platform view360global and its crisis management app incident360.
- Classter is one of the most innovative software systems in the world, using cloud-based SaaS technology, providing a comprehensive solution for educators, integrating the features of three different management systems, the Student (SIS), School (SMS) and Learning (LMS).
- Edufikra, a social start-up, empowering educators in the Arab world by creating a virtual community where they can collaborate and continue to learn and grow.
- IMT Lazarus is a cloud ecosystem that provides security and control 24H across all technologies on students’ devices in education involving teachers, families, school staff and underage to ensure a safe and adequate use of the internet and technology.
- Life on Time Ltd will be unveiling youHQ, the only whole school digital wellbeing platform that identifies those at risk, and those who need extra support, and provides them the self-care tools and resources to thrive.
- Practice Pal is a modern music education experience for budding musicians and everyone who supports them.
Exhibitors also include many of the world’s top brands in education such as AcadeMe Plus by Row-9 Digital, Action Mats Ltd., Alef Education, All Prints LLC, Alpha Publishing, Alugha GmbH, Amplify, BenQ Middle East, Chartered Management Institute, Coding First, Classlink, Collegiate Mentorship Program, Compro Technologies, Cypher Learning, DAT Systems, Dynabook Europe GmbH, Edpuzzle, Edshed, Educore Systems and Technologies FZE, Edufikra, EZ-Robot, Hitevision Tech India, MV Careers, NCFE, Nearpod, Netland Limited, Notion Wave, Papafut Quantum GmbH, Piedmont Payment Services, Projotech, Promethean, Rahoo, Scholastic Inc., SMART Technologies. Speechace, Soundtrap for Education by Spotify, The Little Engineer, The Safeguarding Alliance, TehnoKids Inc, Van Robotics, VIRCO USA, Viewsonic, Whizrobo Private LTD., Young Leaders Academy, Zen PDT LLC; and the Start-up Pavilion, with new companies bringing their one-on-a-kind technologies to the show.
FREE Registration for GESS Dubai is still open
Pavilions from India, Korea, the UK, Germany and Saudi Arabia are also available to put a spotlight on companies from each respective country.
Two global education leaders and changemakers will take to the stage in the next two days:
- In his talk “Everyone deserves to be treated unequally” on November 16 at 10:30 am, Rob Houben will unpack the trials and accomplishments from his journey of building 20 Agora schools in The Netherlands and Belgium to achieve a form of education that uses each student’s individual strengths and interests to propel growth.
- Gavin McCormack will deliver two talks on November 17. At 10:30 am, the topic ‘It Takes a Child to Raise a Village’ will explore creating harmony between the school and home environments in order to enhance young adults’ potential. And at 12:50 pm, his talk on ‘The Power of Saying Yes’ encourages allowing children to take the lead in their education journey.
More stimulating workshops, talks, and panel discussions await visitors at the conference area featuring various zones such as the Future Transformation Room, the Wellbeing Room, the Global Learning Room, the Leaders in Education Conference, the Skills Development Training, and the Growth Mindset Room.
FREE Registration for GESS Dubai is still open and can be done online at www.gessdubai.com. Do not miss the chance to meet key decision-makers and learn from the roster of award-winning educators and exhibitors that are participating at the event.