The Repton Family of Schools in the UAE celebrates their students’ exceptional performances in the 2023 GCSE examinations, reflecting its dedication, commitment, and passion towards achieving academic excellence.
Repton Abu Dhabi is proud to announce its students’ achievements with a 97% overall student pass rate of 9-4 (A*-C) in this year’s GCSE examinations. 56% of exam entries achieved grades 9-7 (A*-A). The 2022 – 2023 cohort has also surpassed last year’s results, with 37% of exam entries awarded the maximum grade 9-8 (A*), in comparison to 30% in 2022.
Steven Lupton, Principal of Repton Abu Dhabi, said: “The outstanding results achieved in the 2023 GCSE examinations are a testament to continued efforts, commitment and passion of our students, teachers and wider school community. We are proud of their achievements, and I would like to congratulate them on the level of academic excellence displayed this year.”
Partaking in the celebrations, students at Repton Dubai continue to display praiseworthy academic performances for the 14th consecutive year, with 41% of exam entries awarded 9-8 (A*) grades and 65% achieving 9-7 (A*-A) grades, while securing an overall student pass rate of 97%. Last year, 29% of exam entries from the Nad Al Sheba campus were awarded 9-8 grades (A*).
“The outstanding results achieved in the 2023 GCSE examinations are a testament to continued efforts, commitment and passion of our students, teachers and wider school community.”
Gillian Hammond, Principal at Repton Dubai, and Chief Education Officer of Excella, said: “Our students have surpassed all expectations, and we are proud of their remarkable achievements. It is a testament to our teachers’ dedication, who have guided and nurtured each student to excel academically, creatively, and in their extracurricular pursuits. The fruits of their labour have already culminated in Repton Dubai’s outstanding IB results – the second highest by a K12 school in the UAE. We extend sincere gratitude to the parents for their tireless support, which has played a vital role in this success, and heartfelt congratulations to our students on achieving outstanding results in this year’s examinations.”
The Repton Family of Schools academic achievements are included below:
|GCSE 2023 Results||Repton Abu Dhabi||Repton School Dubai|
|% of exam entries graded A*/9-8||37%||41%|
|% of exam entries graded A*-A/9-7||56%||65%|
|% of exam entries graded A*-B/9-6||76%||83%|
|% of exam entries graded A*-B/9-5||91%||92%|
|% of exam entries graded A*-C /9-4||97%||97%|
REPTON SCHOOL ABU DHABI GCSE 2023 RESULTS:
- Repton Abu Dhabi attains exemplary results in Science subjects with:
- Physics: 100% of Grades 9-7 (A*-A)
- Biology: 100% of Grades 9-6 (A*-B)
- Chemistry: 95% of Grades 9-6 (A*-B)
- Students taking a Modern Foreign Language (French or Spanish) exceeded predicted grades and had an average value-added grade of +1.8 (French) and +2.2 (Spanish) per student.
- 100% of students have a pathway into the Repton Sixth Form to study A-levels or BTECs. Repton Abu Dhabi has recently been approved to deliver BTECs from the start of this academic year creating further pathways to global universities.
- Top Performer: Arshiya Kabir achieved an amazing Grade 9 in all subjects which includes English Language, English Literature, Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, French, and Geography.
Top Student Performers at Repton Abu Dhabi
- Arshiya Kabir – 9 x Grade 9’s (A*)
- Wahyu Wijaksono – 5 x Grade 9’s, 1 x Grade 8 and 3 x Grade 7’s
- Aleksandra Babinska – 3 Grade 9’s, 4 Grade 8’s and 2 Grade 7’s
- Michelle Johnson – 1 Grade 9, 6 Grade 8’s and 1 Grade 7
- Sandra Li – 5 Grade 9’s, 3 Grade 7’s and 1 Grade 6
REPTON SCHOOL DUBAI GCSE 2023 RESULTS:
- Repton Dubai achieved excellent results in Foreign Languages, scoring 100% of Grades 9-6 (A*-B) in Chinese, Italian, Russian, and Arabic B.
- Repton School Dubai achieved excellent scores in several subjects with:
- Pure Math: 100% of Grades 9-5 (A*-B)
- Physics: 98% of Grades 9-5 (A*-B)
- Computing, English Language, and English Literature: 95% of Grades 9-5 (A*-B)
Top Student Performers at Repton School Dhabi
- Zain Junaida – 9 Grade 9’s
- Matthew Mahrous – 9 Grade 9’s
- Ben Gosling – 8 Grade 9’s
- Hanalina Al Shirawi – 6 Grade 9’s and 2 Grade 8’s
- Maryam Perjessy – 5 Grade 9’s and 3 Grade 8’s
Students will be able to view their results on the Repton Passport, the region’s first K12 blockchain-secured multimedia digital portfolio. It enables students and alumni from the Repton Family of Schools to safely and securely receive, manage, and share their academic and extra-curricular accomplishments via unique links. Furthermore, the digital portfolio has also introduced a unique feature, the Curriculum Vitae (CV) Builder, which students can use to create multiple custom CVs that can be shared with prospective employers and universities.
The Repton Family of Schools in the UAE aims to empower their students to better position themselves as ideal candidates for top university enrollments and career opportunities.