The Khalifa International Award for Early Learning, a new initiative intended to discover and recognise research, programmes, methodologies, and advanced teaching practices in the field of early childhood education is open for applications.
The Khalifa International Award for Early Learning (KIAEL) has two categories:
1. Best initiatives in early learning care and education and their impact on the children and communities served
2. Best-specialised research and distinguished studies that support scientific enrichment and development of the education and care of young children
Applications for the Best Programmes, Curricula, and Teaching Practices Prize will be judged on four criteria: innovativeness, importance, impact, and feasibility/sustainability.
All submissions need to be in the English language and the deadline for applications is 28 February 2023. Winners will be announced in June 2023.
All submissions need to be in the English language and the deadline for applications is 28 February 2023
The KIAEL Awarding Committee will select two winners for each award with a cash prize of $50,000 for each category winner. The Awarding Committee consists of the following individuals:
- Dr Steven Barnett, founding Co-Director of the National Institute for Early Education and Board of Governors Professor of Education at Rutgers University
- Fatma Ahmad Abdulla Al Bastaki, Project Manager – Chinese Expansion Project in UAE, Cluster Manager – Ministry of Education
- Dr Jana Fleming, Director, Early Childhood Development, Salama Bint Hamdan Al Nahyan Foundation
- Dr Iram Siraj, a Professor of Child Development and Education at the University of Oxford (SRF at Jesus College) and a Research Professor at the University of Wollongong in Australia until the end of 2018
- Dr Nirmala Rao, Serena H C Yang Professor in Early Childhood Development and Education, Chair Professor of Child Development and Education, and Director of the Consortium for Research on Early Childhood Development and Education (CORE), Faculty of Education, The University of Hong Kong (HKU)
Applications need to be submitted before the application deadline through the online application system: https://kiafel.khaward.ae/en-US/Account/Register.
A cash prize of $50,000 for each category winner
Almost every country in the world now realises the importance of early learning and its vital role in ensuring children’s optimal growth and later schooling and lifelong success. The Khalifa International Award for Early Learning (KIAEL) originates from the principled directives of His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Presidential Court, and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Khalifa Award for Education. The directives called for establishing an international award for early learning that would enrich the culture of excellence and innovation in education and promote research and development in this field.