Fox Nuts, also commonly known as makhanas or lotus seeds, have been used in Chinese medicine for around 3,000 years, as well as having an important place in the science of Ayurveda. Naturally, they have numerous benefits, with Tamanna Moolchandani, the CEO of Pop & Hop, letting us onto the ‘secrets’ of Fox Nuts, their many benefits, and what flavours are available to tempt us.
As a diabetic and someone who is constantly striving to stay fit, it was challenging to find tasty non-commercial or processed, yet healthy, snacks. Then I discovered Fox Nuts! In fact, I was so taken by them that I quickly decided to introduce healthy snacking into our ‘Pop & Hop’ range. Some of their best benefits include:
- Low in calories, fat, and sodium, and so the perfect in-between-meal snack
- Low sodium and high potassium and magnesium content, making them useful for people with high blood pressure
- The high calcium content is good for bone and teeth health
- Sugar content is low, so they are useful for diabetics who need to eat at short intervals
- Rich in fibre, so they can be used in weight loss programmes, as well as for digestion problems like constipation
- Rich in antioxidants, Fox Nuts are useful in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation and stress
- In both men and women, Fox Nuts are believed to improve fertility rates
- Fox Nuts are thought to help with insomnia
- They have been known to improve anaemia, acid reflux, and arthritis
There are currently four delicious flavours of Pop & Hop: Mint Mischief, a blend of pure mint leaves and other spices; Peri Peri, a delicious blend of salt and spices from the fiery little African Bird’s Eye Chilli; Salted Caramel, the perfect blend of sweet and salty; and Salt and Pepper, with a blend of peppercorns, including a premium white pepper, to lend a slightly sweeter note.
Currently available in Circle K, 7 Eleven, and All Day Fresh, Pop & Hop can also be ordered online at www.mumzworld.com
Tamanna Moolchandani is the CEO of Pop & Hop with over 15 years of experience within the media & communications industry. As her entrepreneur zeal grew year by year, and with an existing F&B business, Pop & Hop was only natural to follow.