Cambridge Assessment International Education has announced the winners of the Outstanding Cambridge Learner Awards in the UAE. Altogether 107 awards have been given this year for outstanding achievement, including 27 ‘Top in the World’ awards to students who achieved the highest marks in the world in a Cambridge International A Level or Cambridge IGCSE subject. Seventy-five students attained the highest scores in the UAE in a single subject.
The awards celebrate the outstanding academic achievements of secondary school students in the UAE in the June 2019 Cambridge examination series. The winners will be presented with their awards at a grand ceremony held in Dubai on 5 December 2019.
Students who won awards came from schools that include Al Nahda National School for Girls, Al Ain English Speaking School, Sharjah British International School, Repton School, Deira International School, Wesgreen International School, Al Ma’arifa International School, and Merryland International School, amongst others.
- 107 awards given this year for outstanding achievement
- 27 ‘Top in the World’ awards to students who achieved the highest marks in the world in Cambridge International A Level or IGCSE subjects
- 75 students attained the highest marks in UAE in a single subject
- Nearly 1 million students participate in Cambridge programmes worldwide each year, making more than 1.75 million exam entries
- Over 10,000 schools in more than 160 countries offer Cambridge programmes
- Internationally, entries for Cambridge exams have risen by 4% this year, and the number of schools now teaching Cambridge International programmes has grown by 6%
- There has been a 6% increase in the number of students taking Cambridge exams internationally
- Around 115 schools in the UAE accounted for nearly 53,655 entries for Cambridge qualifications in the June 2019 exam series