During a 10-day study trip organised by The Thailand Academy, 10 students from Ajman University and Zayed University majoring in Media and Communications experienced a variety of Thai cultural and academic activities and learned how the locals live sustainably in their communities.
The Thailand Academy is a cultural and academic programme initiated by the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Dubai, the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Dubai, and the Middle East Office, with the aim of introducing a new perspective to sustainable tourism in Thailand among university students residing in the UAE.
Thailand Academy 2019 introduced the theme of “Castaway” aiming to present a low-carbon destination.
The programme aims to strengthen cultural ties between Thailand and the UAE through the young generation, as the participants were encouraged to share their experiences with their friends and families through their social media channels.
Thailand Academy allowed the students who grew up in the modern city to experience sustainable living. Each student summed up their experiences into a 3-minute video presentation as part of their participation.
Highlights of Thailand Academy 2019
- Visited a coastal province of Trat, Thailand and experience sustainable and eco-travel activities on a low-carbon footprint island of Koh Mak and Koh Chang
- Visited the diverse capital city of Bangkok (the world’s most visited city in 2017-2018)
- Lived among nature and learned the cultures through the locals
- Visited a local school as part of a cultural exchange experience
- Keep an eye out for the in-depth feature on the students’ findings in our New Year’s edition!