Horizon International School, part of Al Najah Education, celebrates its students’ successful 2021 GCSE results.
This year’s GCSE results showcase the ongoing outstanding achievements of Horizon International School’s students. Of all entries, 60% of students achieved A*-A/9-7 grades, and 76% achieved A*-B/9-6. In addition, Horizon International School has seen 99% of all entries awards A*-C/9-4.
Donna Young, the new Progress Leader for Key Stage 4 and 5, noted: “This is an exceptional set of results! Students at HIS have shown great courage and determination in a year like no other. External exams may not have taken place, but students stepped up to the challenge by completing rigorous teacher assessments to build the evidence they needed to secure their grades. They should be incredibly proud of themselves for never giving up and carving out the start of a very bright future.”
A pass rate of 100% of 5A*-C/9-4 grades, including English and Maths
“Following the furore around the examination series, we first and foremost take a moment to acknowledge how hard our students have applied themselves, together with the guidance and dedication of our staff. It has been another challenging year, and a key tenet for us at HIS was to ensure continuity, high quality, personalised learning. Both as a cohort and as individuals, there is much to celebrate, and this should give our students the motivation and confidence they need for the next stages in their learning journey with us at HIS,” says Darren Gale, Principal at Horizon International School.
“Our students always make us proud, and they will now access their first choice Post-16 courses. At Horizon International School, we take a personalised approach to teaching and learning and will continue to do all we can to support them. We know them well, their strengths and their capabilities. Our students and their families have our full support as they begin the next phase in their educational journey,” he concludes.
53% of the cohort achieved at least 5A*-A/9-7 grades
Horizon International School has highlighted some of its top subject results for the 2021GCSE grades:
- English Language, 100% of students attained a grade 9-4. On average, students achieved 1.7 grades higher than their target grades
- In mathematics, 100% of students attained a grade 9-5. 63% of students achieved a 9-7 grade. On average, students achieved nearly 2 grades higher than their target grades
- Science, 94% of grades achieved were 4 or higher with 67%achieving grade 5 or higher with 61% achieving 6-9 grades.
- 100% 9-8 grades in Arabic.
- 100% 9-6 grades in French and Psychology
- 100%9-5 grades in ICT, Art & Design, Drama, Geography and Business.
- 100% 9-4 grades in PE and English Literature.
There are many students with fabulous grades. We are proud of all of our Year 11 students, and we wish them good luck as they start their Post 16 journey!