Dubai Municipality has developed a series of #Food_Heroes characters that represent the six main food groups, and help deliver the message to school children that consuming these food groups is not only a healthy thing to do, but fun too!
Eating a diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables provides us with the vitamins and minerals we need, such as potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, & folic acid. They are bene cial to our overall health and are a good booster for the immune system. However, as with all food products, it is important to purchase the right items and prepare them safely
Fruit Filo Cups with Fruit Conserve Ricotta Cheese & Honey:
INGREDIENTS FOR 12-14 PIECES:
- 1 sheet Filo pastry dough sheet
- 5 tbsp Vegetable oil, to brush the pastry
- 100 grams Ricotta cheese
- 20 grams Honey
- 100 grams Fruit mixed berries
- 100 grams Fruit puree (strawberry, raspberry)
- 30 millilitres Water
- Pre-heat the oven to 160° Celcius.
- To make the fruit conserve, in a sauce pan cook together water and berries on low heat, until the mixture reaches a ticker consistency.
- In a mixing bowl soften up the Ricotta cheese and then mix in the honey.
- For the Filo Cups, brush the Filo pastry dough sheet with vegetable oil and place another sheet on top.
- Cut the layered sheets into 4×6 square shaped pieces and place them in to the mini muffin tins.
- Bake them for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Fill up the baked lo pastry cups with the berry conserve, Ricotta cheese lling and decorate with fresh berries.