Everyone’s favourite destination for fun and entertainment, Cartoon Network Arabic is in the process of switching its transponder from the North Africa-facing satellite (Transponder C04: 11,277 MHz V) to Eutelsat 7 West A satellite at 7.3°W. The shift, which started on 27 March, will finish on 27 April. During this period of time, CN Arabic will be available on both satellites as part of a dual feed until the shift is completed.
To continue watching CN Arabic uninterrupted, viewers have to adjust the reception, using the on-screen menu on their television.
Cartoon Network MENA continues to invest significantly in delivering a great viewing experience for the audiences. The new shift to Eutelsat will enable the best viewing experience of CN Arabic’s culturally relevant and imaginative content.
Migrating from the current frequency to the new one is a short and simple process. Steps required to watch CN Arabic on the new frequency are as below:
- Press ‘Menu’ on the remote control of the set top receiver (also known as the satellite receiver remote control).
- Select the ‘Installation’ or ‘Satellite installation’ option displayed on the screen.
The screen display will show the satellite name listed at the top.
- Scan the frequency 11,276.79 on the Eutelsat 7 West A satellite or look for it on the list.
- An additional option with is a frequency number may be displayed. Clicking on this open another window. The frequency can be selected through it.
- If the available frequency is not listed, it can be added manually through the ‘Add Tp’ or ‘Edit Tp’ (Transponder) option. After selecting it, the new frequency can be typed in using the remote.
- Select ‘Save and scan’ to complete the recalibration process.